Virginia students take on solar energy challenge: “Throwing Solar Shade” inspires new generation of citizen scientists
Chesapeake Bay Journal, February 16, 2021
Here you will find highlights of recent news coverage about our customers and our company. If you are a reporter on deadline and want to do a story about Secure Futures, contact Marketing Advisor Erik Curren at (540) 466-6128.
- Virginia students take on solar energy challenge: “Throwing Solar Shade” inspires new generation of citizen scientists, Chesapeake Bay Journal, February 16, 2021.
- VA Could Soon See More Solar, WVTF Public Radio, VA, Oct. 20, 2019.
- Partnership raises the roof on Waynesboro Schools solar project, Augusta Free Press, VA, Oct. 16, 2020.
- Ready for sunshine: Volunteers plug in major solar installation for EMS, The Citizen, Harrisonburg, VA, Oct. 12, 2020.
- Community members come together for solar “barn raising”, WHSV-3, Harrisonburg, VA, Oct. 10, 2020.
- 1on1: Solar barn raising coming up at Eastern Mennonite School, WHSV-3, Harrisonburg, VA, Oct. 8, 2020.
- Lawmakers expanded school districts’ ability to go solar. But in Southwest Virginia, a utility contract is getting in the way. Virginia Mercury, Sept. 29, 2020.
- All Eyes On New York’s First-Of-Its-Kind Opt-Out Community Solar Deal, Clean Technica, Sept. 21, 2020.
- Building a solar market and creating jobs in Southwest Virginia’s coalfield counties, PV Magazine, Sept. 4, 2020.
- Solar Workgroup, Secure Futures Partner to Employ Local Coalfield Workers, Solar Industry, Sept. 3, 2020.
- Appalachian Solar Effort a Reality after Backers Powered through Setbacks, Energy News Network, Sept. 3, 2020.
- Solar alliance to bring jobs to Southwest Virginia, Bristol Herald Courier, Bristol, VA, Sept. 3, 2020.
- InterChange adding solar power at its Virginia warehouse, Refrigerated Transporter, Aug. 4, 2020.
- InterChange to Expand Solar Panel Use, Daily News-Record, Harrisonburg, VA, July 28, 2020.
- InterChange to Install Largest Solar Power System at Any Cold Storage Warehouse in Virginia, Thomas Industry Update, July 24, 2020.
- Secure Futures Solar installing 136-kW array on Virginia Mennonite school, Solar Power World, July 8, 2020.
- Virginia School District Going Solar In A Big Way, Clean Technica, June 29, 2020.
- Secure Futures Solar installing 2.5 MW of solar across Virginia school district, Solar Power World, June 4, 2020.
- More solar power coming to Augusta County Public Schools, News Leader, Staunton, VA, May 7, 2020.
- $8 Million Worth of Solar Projects Slated for Several Virginia Counties, Environment + Energy News Leader, May 6, 2020.
- Secure Futures Brings Affordable On-Site Solar Power To Schools and Businesses in North Carolina, WRAL-5, Raleigh, NC, April 8, 2020.
- RPS Debuts Largest Solar Energy Power System in Virginia, ABC-8, Richmond, March 2, 2020.
- Governor Northam Kicks Off Richmond Public Schools “Solar-Bration”, RVA Green, Richmond, VA, February 25, 2020.
- RPS completes solar panel project, NBC-12, Richmond, VA, February 21, 2020.
- CARITAS to Install Largest Solar Power System at any Nonprofit in Virginia, RVA Hub, Richmond, VA, February 14, 2020.
- Schools approve solar contract, Orange County Review, Charlottesville, VA, January 30, 2020.
- As schools look to solar, existing state law shuts down further development, The Virginia Mercury, Richmond, VA, January 27, 2020.
- Orange County School Board votes to install solar panels, WVIR-TV NBC29, Orange County, VA, January 27, 2020.
- WMC announces plans to go partially solar, The Winchester Star, Winchester, VA, January 22, 2020.
- Solar panel inspection will allow Waynesboro Public Schools to use clean energy, WVIR- TV NBC29, Charlottesville, VA, January 21, 2020.